Monday, May 28, 2012

Nursery Stories and Rhymes


3-MINUTE NURSERY STORIES

Author: many different authors
Illustrators: many different Illustrators
Publisher: Publications International Ltd.
Pages: 160
Ages: 0 and up

******************************


I loved nursery rhymes when I was a child and I wanted to share the with my daughters. Now I want to share them with my granddaughters. 

I had to find a book of nursery rhymes. I checked out a lot of books and decided to pick this one up because it has several of my favourite rhymes.

Plus the illustrations are vivid and cheerful. There is nothing worse than looking at a child's book that is dark and dismal. We want happy. We want jovial. 

Plus I like the idea of three minute stories - good for kids when they are very young.


Excuse the poor quality of the picture - it doesn't show the true beauty of the illustrations. 


There are several Mother Goose rhymes featured in this book such as: There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe, Sing a Song of Sixpence, Little Bo Peep, Humpty Dumpty, Peter Pumpkin Eater and The Cat and the Fiddle.


In addition there are also some classic children's stories such as: Rooster and Fox, Why Frog and Snake Never Play Together (an african folklore), Two Ways to Count to Ten, and Hen and Frog.


Also included in this book are several original stories such as: Harmony Farm and Good Night Baby.


My Granddaughters love the nursery rhymes and short stories in this book. 

The illustrations are bright and colourful. 

The font size is large which makes it easy for us old folks to read. LOL

A whole page is dedicated to each nursery rhyme which makes reading it to youngsters easier. They aren't constantly asking you which one you are reading now. 

My Granddaughters are almost four now. They know the rhymes by heart. I just say the first part and they finish it for me. You should see their faces glow with pride as they repeat the nursery rhymes - they pretend they are reading to me!

1 comment: